The Fabco Down Spout Filter is designed to treat particulates and soluble pollutants contained in runoff water from roof tops. This product is perfect for industrial facilities that deal with waste treatment, metal recycling etc. Read more about the specific applications below.
Heavy Metals: Stormwater can react with metal roofs, metal components or roof mounted equipment releasing soluble metals, such as zinc, copper, lead and aluminum in to the environment. Studies have shown that zinc concentrations in rooftop runoff are substantially higher than those found in rainwater. Elevated levels of zinc in soils can lead to phytotoxicity (poisoning of plant life).
Pathogens: Birds, insects, and small mammals deposit fecal matter on rooftops and in gutters, contributing bacteria and pathogens to runoff.
Hydrocarbons: Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), dust and particulate matter from vehicle exhaust and the burning of fossil fuels can collect on roof surfaces, producing elevated PAH levels in runoff.
- Large freestanding filter enclosure offers multiple above ground installation and mounting options
- Constructed from 300 series Stainless Steel – powder coated on exterior surfaces only
- Overall dimensions: 24 1/8” W x 33 ½”L x 40 3/4” high (standard)
- Hinged door panel opens away from the building side and features a latch for secure retention and rubber bumpers to protect cabinet
- Stainless Steel mounting surface provides “Twist-Lok” retention and a tight seal
- 4” PVC inlet/Outlet pipes (standard)
- Clean out port provided at the bottom of the chamber for cleanout and dewatering
- Dual cartridge filter flow rate can vary depending on cartridge type selected from 120 to 520 gpm
- Internal debris storage capacity is 5.0 ft3
- Built in high flow bypass is capable of passing 460.0 gpm (1.0 cfs)
- Internal debris screen separates inlet side of treatment chamber from the filter cartridge area – coarse screen pre-filters the water helping to maintain treatment flow rate
Fabco Filter Cartridge
Our filter cartridges are designed to provide effective treatment of stormwater while maintaining high flow rates throughout the life of the cartridge. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance in terms of sediments and debris, heavy metals, hydrocarbons/toxic chemicals, pathogens/bacteria and nutrients. The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps securely in place with a quick twist. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transport and disposal.
Each Fabco filter cartridge is composed of a standard pre-filter section, and a main filter chamber which can be configured to target specific pollutants.
The pre-filter is manufactured using FABGUARD antimicrobial treated open cell Polymer foam pads. The coarse open cell foam acts as a mechanical pre-filter for the cartridge restricting coarse sediments, trash and debris while allowing mostly water to flow through. Stormwater passing through the complex cellular structure contacts the antimicrobial treated internal walls substantially reducing the growth and passage of pathogens through the cartridge.
Proprietary Treatment Technologies
Fabco offers 5 filtration configurations (Standard, HV metals, Pathogens/bacteria, HV Hydrocarbons, Nutrients) using a combination of the following treatment technologies:
- FABMAX: This chemical treatment is applied to our open cell polymer foam filtering media. It is hydrophobic and instantly bonds to any hydrocarbons in the water matrix.
- FABSORB: This oil absorbent fabric material is used for treating free and emulsified oils, greases and other hydrocarbon-based compounds. This non-woven, filter can absorb 10 to 20 times its own weight in oil, greases and hydrocarbons.
- FABLITE: This natural mineral compound removes heavy metals as well as low levels of dissolved pollutants like hydrocarbons and other toxic chemicals.
- FABPHOS: This proprietary filtering media treats soluble, ortho-phosphates in stormwater runoff. FABPHOS also is effective in reducing nitrogen compounds thus assisting stormwater managers meet the >40% N reduction required by many states.
- FABGUARD: This antimicrobial shield is a patented chemical technology that when applied to our foam material makes it antimicrobially active. FABGUARD fuses with the material and will not wash out, or leach into the environment. Microorganisms that contact the material are neutralized.
- DownSpout Filter Drawing 1
- DownSpout Filter Drawing 2
- DownSpout Surface Mount Stainless: 10080-6-000_A
- DownSpout Harco Structure: 10162-2-000_C 2 cart
- DownSpout Surface Mount w/ Filter Bag: 10080-10-000
- Sub surface Downspout for R tank protection